Qdoba Marinade (Steak or Chicken)


I love Tex-Mex and Mexican food. Here is a marinade that I came up with that I use for my steak quesadillas and naked burritos. A Cilantro-Lime Rice recipe will follow.




Freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
Freshly squeezed orange juice (1 medium-sized orange)
1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)

1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
5 cloves of garlic

2 tsp oregano
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I use La Costeña brand)*
1 tsp black pepper (freshly ground works best)

1-2 lbs of fresh meat of your choice

1. Add all above ingredients above to a food processor or blender. Blend well.
2. Cover steak or boneless skinless chicken breast with marinade and refrigerate overnight or several hours.
3. When ready to cook, set the meat out for about 10-15 minutes to let it warm up to room temperature. Using a grill to cook is best, but when that isn't available,
I use my George Foreman and it works pretty well.
4. Cook to desired wellness. Set aside for about 10 minutes to cool before dicing.

I prefer this recipe on steak (flank preferably), but it works well with boneless skinless chicken breast also. Please let me know if you try it on any other meat (pork, etc.) and how it turns out.

*These peppers can be pretty spicy. If you like more spice, use 3 or more, if you like less spice, try it with only 1.

Comments

  1. Only one thing...u neglected to mention the type of steak used with this recipe :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flank steak is the commonly used cut for this. make sure to cut against the grain or you will get the chewiest piece of meat ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used this marinade several times now on chicken, and everyone loves it! Thanks a lot for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you freeze the beef or chicken after cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much chicken do use with this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried it, liked it. Gonna do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. does it taste similar to Qdoba meats

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Qdoba uses a sirloin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this recipe. I use boneless /skinless chicken thighs- marinade for 24 hrs. I even Cooked it in my slow cooker, we love it shredded!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts